At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF), as a faith-based not-for-profit, person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are to be treated with dignity and respect in every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics, and it is an on-going condition of employment that employees comply with the Behavior Standards.
Casual – Multiple Campuses
The Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant reports to the Program Manager (Rehab). The Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant provides Occupational or Physical Therapy services to assigned residents under the direction of the Program Manager (Rehab), Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist in accordance with the plan of care. Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant provides support, advocacy, and choice to Residents and their families to ensure the highest quality of person centered care achievable within the Mission, Vision, Values and Behavior Standards of Shepherd’s Care Foundation. Demonstrates ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment and evidence based practice in caring for the older adult. Ensures compliance with continuing care health service standards, employment and safety-related statutes, legislation, codes and regulations and SCF policies.
- Valid driver license for travelling between multiple campuses
- Diploma in rehabilitation therapy or equivalent; and
- Demonstrated skills and experience in gerontology and rehabilitation therapy, including Occupational and/or Physical Therapy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, concern resolution process and customer service;
- Strong organizational and some computer skills;
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures;
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care; and
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation.
This description indicates representative responsibilities and specifications of the classification only and does not detail all responsibilities and specifications of the position. The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned, duties not specified in this document.
Note that, the successful applicant must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check (satisfactory to the employer).