Shepherd’s Care Foundation Outdoor Visitation Policy
Our residents are at great risk of serious illness from COVID-19, and they require our protection to prevent COVID-19 from entering our facilities. This must be balanced with our residents’ need for quality of life and their need for social interaction to mitigate social isolation and loneliness. Shepherd’s Care Foundation is also committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff.
As mandated by Order 14-2020 from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, we will facilitate, wherever feasible, a designated essential visitor and one other person to visit outdoors with your loved one.
The full policy is available here (updated June 15, 2020). The highlights are:
- Only the designated essential visitor and one other person is permitted to visit. They may not bring anyone else with them. Shepherd’s Care believes in a phased, gradual relaxation of measures in order to ensure the ongoing safety of our residents and staff.
- In order to ensure you meet the criteria of the designated essential visitor, please contact the facility by phone between 8 AM and 4 PM, Monday through Friday, and speak to the site manager.
- All outdoor visits must be pre-arranged and scheduled with the site reception by phone between 8 AM and 4 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Visitors will be subject to a health screening and temperature check upon arrival. Both the resident and the visitors must be symptom free and wearing masks during the outdoor visit (masks will be provided at security).
- All parties must maintain social distancing during the outdoor visit.
- Outdoor visits are for 30 minutes and cannot be scheduled more than once per week or as determined by the site manager in order to ensure fairness for all residents.
- Visits will be scheduled between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday through Friday, or at the discretion of the Site Manager, resources permitting.
- Sites that are on COVID-19 or other infectious outbreak are not facilitating outdoor visits. Currently, this is the Kensington Campus (COVID-19 outbreak).