Do you love working with seniors? Are you a health care professional looking for your next growth opportunity working for a leader in seniors’ care? If you are, we would like to invite you to join our team of health professionals to provide excellence in care at our Kensington Village Campus At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF) person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are to be treated with dignity and respect in each and every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics, and it is an on-going condition of employment that the Code of Conduct and Behaviour Standards are incorporated into every aspect of the work environment.
Kensington Village Campus – FTE 0.70 – 54.25 hours biweekly
The RN is a key member of the clinical care team in the care of the Residents within the Mission, Vision and Values of Shepherd’s Care Foundation and standards of professional nursing practice. The RN is responsible for providing assessment, screening, and healthy lifestyle support. The RN provides support, advocacy, and choice to Residents and their families to ensure the highest quality of person centered care achievable within the Mission, Vision and Values and Behavior Standards of Shepherd’s Care Foundation and standards of professional nursing practice. Additionally, demonstrating ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment and evidence-based practice in caring for the older adult, and commitment to continuous quality improvement will be essential for this position.
- Coordinates, communicates, assesses, plans, develops, implements, and evaluates all newly admitted residents and those with changing, complex, unpredictable, unstable health care needs to ensure quality care is provided utilizing a comprehensive assessment and ongoing plan of care.
- Supervises and monitors that the resident care has been assigned to appropriate, competent nursing staff including supervision of those restricted activities that are supported by Shepherd’s Care Foundation to be assigned to other regulated health care professionals or non-regulated health care staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge in safe, competent, ethical, clinical, evidence-based gerontology nursing practice, safe medication administration, and effective, timely documentation in accordance with organizational, legislative and legal requirements.
- Participates in the development of plans, objectives and strategies for care services, which are aligned with overall organizational strategic directions.
- Participates in the development, revision and implementation of operational policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with appropriate team members, physicians, interdisciplinary team and other stakeholders in accordance with evidence-based practices.
- Acts as a mentor and coach to staff.
- Actively demonstrates, supports, promotes and implements the mission, vision, values, behavior standards and strategic directions of the Foundation.
- Registered Nurse, BSCN and Gerontology Certificate preferred.
- Current membership in good standing with CARNA.
- Experience working in a Complex Care setting considered an asset.
- Experience with RAI MDS considered an asset.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, performance management, concern resolution process and customer service.
- Strong organizational, computer and presentation skills are required in this position.
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation is essential in this position.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector check with the City of Edmonton Police detachment and provide proof of license.
Submit resume online via this posting. Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to start date. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation: “Living Life in a Caring, Christian Environment”