Status: Open | Site: Edmonton Region - Edmonton, Alberta | Department: Therapy Services | Closing Date: Jun 11, 2021
Do you love working with seniors? Are you a looking for your next growth opportunity working for a leader in seniors’ care? If you are, we would like to talk to you about an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative, team-based setting. At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF), as a faith-based not-for-profit, person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services.
About the Occup/Physio Assistant Opportunity
The Occup/Physio Assistant reports to the Program Manager, Rehab providing therapy services to assigned residents in accordance with the plan of care. The Occup/Physio Assistant provides support, advocacy, and choice to Residents and their families to ensure the highest quality of person centered care achievable within the Mission, Vision, Values and Behavior Standards of Shepherd’s Care Foundation. Demonstrating ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment and evidence-based practice in caring for the older adult is an essential component the position. Compliance with continuing care health service standards, employment and safety-related statutes, legislation, codes and regulations and SCF policies is an expectation for this role. Committed to continuous quality improvement, the Occup/Physio Assistant works alongside the Therapy Team to ensure highest quality care standards for all residents.
- Works under an Occupational Therapist to assist in the development and, implementation and evaluation of rehabilitative programs/interventions.
- Responsible to communicate and evaluate assigned residents to identify the changing rehabilitation needs to ensure ongoing quality care is provided.
- Responsible to ensure all care and provision of rehabilitation programs are provided is in accordance with the resident’s plan of care, organizational policies and procedures, continuing care health service standards, accommodation standards, and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge in applying safe, competent, ethical, clinical evidence-based gerontology rehabilitative therapy practice, safe implementation of the activity or programs, and effective, timely documentation in accordance with organizational, legislative and legal requirements.
- Participates in the development of plans, objectives and strategies for rehabilitation services, which are aligned with overall organizational strategic directions.
- Participates in the development, revision and implementation of operational policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with interdisciplinary team and other stakeholders in accordance with evidence-based practices.
- Responds and reports all concerns and complaints from residents, families and staff to the Therapeutic Services/Program Manager in accordance with the concerns resolution process.
- Responds and reports all unusual incidents and critical incidents on the assigned unit to the Therapeutic Services/Program Manager Initiates appropriate corrective action to address the immediate concern.
- Diploma in rehabilitation therapy or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in gerontology and rehabilitation therapy, including Occupational and/or Physical Therapy.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, concern resolution process and customer service.
- Strong organizational and some computer skills are required in this position.
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation is essential in this position.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Living Life in a Caring Christian environment"