Housekeeping Aide I - Barrhead Campus
Status: Open | Site: Barrhead - Barrhead, Alberta | Department: Accommodations | Closing Date: Sep 28, 2021
At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF), as a faith-based not-for-profit, person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are to be treated with dignity and respect in every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics, and it is an on-going condition of employment that employees comply with the Behaviour Standards.
About the Housekeeping Aide I Opportunity
Permanent, Part-time - Barrhead Campus - 20 Hours Bi-weekly
Under general supervision and reporting to the Program Manager, or Accommodations Manager, the Housekeeping Aide is responsible for overall routine and specialized cleaning and sanitizing. Duties are performed in accordance with established safety standards, methods and practices to maintain a safe and healthy environment for residents, staff and visitors..
- Assemble and use cleaning materials, chemicals and equipment in a safe manner to perform cleaning duties as assigned and floor maintenance duties such as floor washing, scrubbing, removal and application of floor finishes, steam cleaning or shampooing of carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Maintain cleanliness of vertical and horizontal surfaces and fixtures such as thorough washing of walls, ceilings, vents, light fixtures, windows. Clean heavily soiled areas and equipment as assigned.
- Maintain cleanliness by dusting pictures and furniture.
- Collect and transport refuse.
- Check and clean equipment; request replacement of worn cleaning attachments; report malfunctions or operation problems to supervisor; replenish paper, soap and cleaning supplies.
- Promote a safe environment for residents, team and self.
- Report unsafe conditions within the work environment. Take required action to decrease the risk of injury immediately and/or notifies the Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor of the concern.
- Avoid unsafe work practices and provide feedback and support promptly to team members involved in unsafe working practices.
- Utilize the reporting process for Employee Injury and Hazardous conditions and resident unusual incidents.
- Actively participates in fire drills and understands fire, WHMIS, Musculo- skeletal injury prevention, and general safety procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to infection control policies and procedures.
- Be accountable for personal education and development.
- Actively participate in meetings, and inservices.
- Identify ongoing learning needs for self to Education and Staff Development Coordinator and Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor as appropriate.
- Attend relevant workshops, seminars and conferences and apply learning to workplace.
- Demonstrates commitment to learning new skills, methods and ideas, and to broaden experience through work on projects and committees.
- Attend mandatory training and education programs as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Use hospital keys, as assigned, only for the purposes intended and to maintain them in safe keeping.
- Record and log specialized cleaning on a routine basis in accordance with schedules to maintain consistency in frequencies.
- Maintain acceptable levels of quantity and quality of cleanliness in the area for which the employee is responsible as per quality assurance standards.
- Perform annual and general housecleaning and other related housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Experience working with the elderly, chronically ill or disabled is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to assess work needs, prioritize and adapt to changing routines.
- Good body mechanics and lifting/transferring techniques.
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission, values and beliefs of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation.
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures; responsibility for maintaining wellness and reduced absenteeism.
- Excellent observation skills and ability to determine urgency or reportable incidents.
- Presentation of a positive image of the organization in the community.
Apply by completing the career application and uploading your resume and cover letter. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Living Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"