Health Care Aide - Casual- Millwoods Campus
Status: Open | Site: Millwoods - Edmonton, Alberta | Department: Nursing | Closing Date: Apr 22, 2021
Do you love working with seniors? Are you a looking for your next growth opportunity working for a leader in seniors care? If you are, we would like to talk to you about our need for professionals to join our team of health care professionals. Our Millwoods Campus location is currently seeking certified Health Care Aides who will collaborate with team members to ensure resident care is delivered in a way that embodies person centered care and acknowledges resident choice, dignity, and privacy. Do you love working with seniors? Are you a looking for your next growth opportunity working for a leader in seniors care? If you are, we would like to talk to you about our need for professionals to join our team of health care professionals. At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF) person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are to be treated with dignity and respect in each and every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics, and it is an on-going condition of employment that the Behaviour Standards, which may be amended from time-to-time, are complied with at all times.
Millwoods - Health Care Aide - Casual Employment
The Health Care Aide provides personal care to assigned residents under the direction of the regulated nurse in accordance with the plan of care. The HCA provides support, advocacy, and choice to residents and their families to ensure the highest quality of resident focused care achievable within the Mission, Vision and Values of SCF. The HCA demonstrates ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment, and evidence-based practice in caring for the older adult. HCAs ensure compliance with continuing care health service standards, employment and safety-related legislation, codes, regulations, and SCF policies and procedures. HCAs also provide support to the residents and families in an environment that promotes a state of wellness, independence, and person-centered care.
- Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the resident care plan. Carries out all required activities as assigned to provide holistic care to residents such as dietary and recreational duties.
- Provides competent, direct, personal care to assigned residents including dietary duties as assigned to ensure the nutritional needs of residents are being met.
- Observes the residents’ physical condition, behavior, and mood and promptly reports any changes in the residents’ status to regulated nurse and/or Case Manager.
- Performs the restricted activities once competency of the activity has been assessed and supervised by a regulated nurse.
- As delegated, performs safe and competent medication assistance and carries out effective, timely, accurate documentation in accordance with organizational, legislative, and other requirements.
- Ensures effective, timely documentation in accordance with organizational, legislative, and other legal requirements.
- Participates in the development of plans, objectives, and strategies for care services, which are aligned with overall organizational strategic directions.
- Participates in the development, revision, and implementation of operational policies, procedures, and programs in collaboration with appropriate team members.
- Complies with organizational policies and procedures, continuing care health service standards, accommodation standards, and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Responds and reports all concerns and complaints from residents, families, and employees to the regulated nurse in accordance with the concern resolution process.
- Responds and reports all unusual incidents and critical incidents to the regulated nurse. Initiates appropriate corrective action within the scope of practice to address the immediate concern.
- Reports employee performance issues to the regulated nurse or Site Program Manager and promote a “Just Culture” environment.
- Ensures cost-effective use of resources.
- Promotes a safe work environment for residents, family members, employees, and self.
- Reports unsafe conditions within the living and working environment in accordance with OHS legislation and organization requirements. Takes required action to decrease the risk of injury immediately and/or notify the Site Program Manager of the concern.
- Represents and participates in organizational or site committees, as appropriate.
- Participates in performance measurement to achieve continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains an ongoing program of personal learning and attends SCF mandatory education sessions to maintain competence. Seeks to benefit from opportunities for professional development and continuing education.
- Promotes educational opportunities, mentorship, and leadership development for employees.
- Acts as a mentor and coach to other employees, as appropriate.
- Actively supports, promotes, and implements the mission, vision, values and strategic directions of SCF.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Graduate of a recognized Health Care Aide Certificate training program that meets the “Government of Alberta Provincial Curriculum” and in accordance with AHS regulations.
- Reads, speaks, and writes English language fluently, clearly, and effectively.
- Experience working with the elderly, chronically ill, or persons with a disability.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, teamwork, and customer service.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care and Residents’ Rights.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of SCF.
Submit resume online via this posting. Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to start date. Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Living Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"