Accounts Receivable Clerk
Status: Open | Site: Edmonton Region - Edmonton, Alberta | Department: Finance | Closing Date: Jun 28, 2021
At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF), as a faith-based not-for-profit, person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are to be treated with dignity and respect in every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics, and it is an on-going condition of employment that employees comply with the Behaviour Standards.
About the Accounts Receivable Clerk Opportunity
The Accounts Receivable Clerk reports directly to the Executive Director, Integration and Administration. The main responsibilities of this position are resident billing, payment collections, resident trust and security accounts reconciliations. A sound knowledge of accounting procedures, excellent customer service and excellent organizational skills are required to carry out the broad variety of duties.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounts receivable function for Shepherd’s Care Foundation and all related entities including, but not limited to:
- Ensure monthly recurring invoicing for rent and accommodation are issued in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure monthly billings are complete and reconciled to resident rent roll and census.
- Prepare all monthly journal entries and as required.
- Complete the cash application of payments and reconcile weekly deposits in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Reconcile final billings for residents that leave SCF ensuring all final invoicing is complete and security deposits are refunded.
- Prepare monthly updated Aged Trial Balances and distribute to all Site Managers for their review and follow-up.
- Monitor the Aged Trial Balance on a monthly basis and follow-up on all delinquent accounts and NSF payments received, involving Site Managers as required. Bring to the attention of the Executive Director, Integration and Administration, the status of all accounts over 60 days.
- Ensure proper investigation and timely processing of all credit and debit notes required to reconcile resident accounts.
- Perform all trust account transactions and monthly reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintain Resident Census document and reconciliation of net monthly movements (move-in, move-out) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Respond to all resident inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner ensuring quick resolution.
- Preparation of monthly and year-end work papers for all receivable accounts.
- Assist with external auditor requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of the organization’s ERP system.
- Serve as a back-up resource within the Finance Department when required.
- Promote a safe environment for residents, team and self.
- Report unsafe conditions within the work environment. Take required action to decrease the risk of injury immediately and/or notify the Executive Director, Integration and Administration of the concern.
- Avoid unsafe work practices and provide feedback and support promptly to team members involved in unsafe working practices.
- Utilize the reporting process for Employee Injury and Hazardous conditions and resident unusual incidents.
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning new skills, methods and ideas, and to broaden experience through work on projects and committees.
- High school diploma supplemented by related general accounting courses.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy is essential.
- Several years of general accounting experience required, with emphasis on billing and credit processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to assess work needs, prioritize and adapt to changing routines.
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission, values and beliefs of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation.
Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Living Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"