Closing Date: Open until the suitable candidate is found.
Join the team! Being part of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation team means having an opportunity to belong, grow, and succeed. Our employees are present in the lives of our residents and work in engaged teams to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Permanent Full Time – FTE 1.0 – 77.50 bi weekly hours – Shepherd’s Care Millwoods
Wages: Commensurate with education and experience.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Recreation, the Recreation Therapist is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating recreation therapy interventions for all streams of care under their scope and is committed to continuous quality improvement.
Apply if you:
- Graduated with a Degree or Diploma in Recreation Administration, Recreation and Leisure Studies (Special Populations), Therapeutic Recreation (Gerontology) or related fields;
- Have a professional membership with the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA);
- Have a valid driver’s license (a class 4 driver’s license will be an asset);
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ progressively responsible work experience at a management level in geriatrics and continuing care; and
- Have strong communication skills speaking, reading, and writing in English.
Who We Are
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is a mission driven, faith-based, not-for-profit organization providing quality care and accommodations to more than 900 seniors throughout Edmonton and in Barrhead. Our seven campuses provide living options for residents with a full spectrum of care needs, including independent living, supportive living, and supportive living with dementia, long-term care, and complex care.
What We Offer
Shepherd’s Care Foundation offers competitive total rewards, a strong focus on employee safety and wellness, and a commitment to progressive work teams, personal development, and collaboration. We also offer respectful and culturally inclusive workplaces that align with our employee-developed Behaviour Standards, and pride ourselves on open and connected work environments.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button below or apply directly to HR@shepherdscare.org. We thank all applicants; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Note that the successful applicant must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check (satisfactory to the employer).