20th Annual Golf Tournament took place on Friday, June 10, 2016
9th Annual Cake Auction took place on Friday, April 22, 2016
DID YOU KNOW?. . . ..
- At the 20th Annual Golf Tournament on June 10, 2016 at the Barrhead Golf Club, $65,000 was raised towards the purchase of a new wheelchair-life equipped bus for Shepherd's Care Barrhead.
- Shepherd's Care Foundation recognized 67 long service and retired employees at Staff Appreciation events on May 11, 2016 at Kensington Village and May 18, 2016 at Millwoods. Our Staff are Shining Stars!
- At the 9th Annual Cake Auction on April 22, 2016, over $140,000 was raised for renovations to Residents' rooms in Long Term Care at the Millwoods and Kensington Campuses.
- Southside Manor was recognized as the Gold Winner in the Seniors’ Residence category of the 2015 Reader’s Choice Awards.
- On Sunday, September 27, 2015 the new 255-seat Shepherd’s Care Christian Church Kensington Village was officially dedicated to the Glory of God in an inspirational service.
- Shepherd's Care Foundation was the recipient of the GOLD award for safety in the Health Care category at Canada's Safest Employers Awards' Gala - October 28, 2014.
- Shepherd's Care was awarded a three-year CARF accreditation for Aging Services Network, Assisted Living and Governance Standards Applied on May 30, 2014.
- Millwoods Shepherd's Care Therapeutic Services Department won the Mindful Recipe Contest hosted by Baycrest, Innovations in Aging! - April 2013.
- "How miniature horses enhanced life and wellness at Kensington Village" was published in The Journal on Active Aging May/June 2011.
Shepherd's Care Newsletters
Summer 2015 Fall 2015 Winter 2015 Spring 2016