Established in 1970, the not-for
profit Shepherd’s Care Foundation has grown from an idea generated over coffee
to five locations in Edmonton and Barrhead, plus managed sites, serving over
1600 seniors. The Foundation membership consists of 50 individuals
elected from the three sponsoring churches:
Fourteen of these members are elected to serve on the Board of
Directors. The Foundation is grounded in and enhanced by Christian values
Shepherd's Care Foundation Beliefs
- We believe that the universe and human life came about through an act
of special creation by an infinite personal God who has communicated to
human beings through the Bible and in the person of Jesus Christ.
- John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word
was with God, and the Word was God."
- Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens
and the earth."
Shepherd's Care Foundation Values
- Every person has been created equal by God and has worth and
- Every person should be treated with dignity, equality, and
- Every individual who may benefit is entitled to quality care.
- The Christian elderly are best served when provided with loving
- Quality care is holistic, providing for spiritual, physical, emotional,
and social needs in a loving Christian environment.
- The private, voluntary, not-for-profit Christian organization is the
ideal vehicle to practically demonstrate and deliver this total
- Loyal, enthusiastic staff are crucial to holistic excellence.