The Shepherd’s Care Foundation’s Cake Auction, as featured on Global News, is one of our two signature fundraising events. Cakes of all shapes and sizes are donated by residents, family members, professional bakers and business supporters, and are usually auctioned off for upwards of $1,000 each. If you’ve never been to a live auction, this event will amaze you! Don’t have a thousand dollars to dish out? No worries. The Cake Auction offers something for everyone.
Here are eight reasons why you won’t want to miss Shepherd’s Care Foundation’s 12th Annual Cake Auction:
1)You will feel like a star before you even enter the room! Have your picture taken on the Red Carpet, and show off your good looks on social media.
2) Celebrities and local professional bakers decorate cakes together. It’s like watching your favourite baking show - without the T.V.
3) Try something new. In 2018, guests had a blast with the complimentary virtual reality experience, sending them to places they’ve never been before. This year, the Cake Auction is introducing professional on-site caricature drawings. If you’ve ever wondered how you would look as a cartoon character, now you can finally find out.
4) The Bucket Auction always has amazing prizes up for grabs, and allows you to participate in the fundraising without raising your hand. This year, one lucky guest will win a private jet trip to Vernon, B.C. for a day of golfing or biking with seven friends at Predator Ridge Resort!
5) The event wraps up by 10 p.m, but if staying up past 8 p.m. isn’t your forte, you can perk yourself up at the Cappuccino Bar! Edmonton’s family-owned Canova Pasticerria is there to provide you with the best cappuccinos, espressos and lattes to keep you going. Decaf coffee is also available, and the biscotti are phenomenal. The best part is, everything at the cappuccino bar is free!
6) Get a taste of the Chateau Lacombe Hotel. No need to make a reservation at LaRonde. Cake Auction guests are treated to a buffet dinner, complete with the finest fixings by the chefs at the Chateau Lacombe Hotel. For the sweet-tooth in your family, there is an entire room just dedicated to desserts! It is a Cake Auction, after all.
7) The Cakes up for auction are a big wow-factor on their own. It’s worth coming just to look at them!
7) Support a cause near to your heart. Funds raised at the Cake Auction will go towards home improvement projects at Shepherd’s Care Foundation’s various campuses to create modern, safe and home-like living environments for 1,800 seniors throughout Edmonton and Barrhead.
8) Tickets are a whopping $20 less than last year! You can buy them online for $75 each, a table of 8 for $560, or a table of 10 for $700. You can also purchase tickets by filling out a form at any Shepherd’s Care Foundation reception desk.
The Cake Auction is on Friday, April 12, 2019 at the Chateau Lacombe Hotel (10111 Bellamy Hill, downtown Edmonton). Reception begins at 5 p.m., followed by dinner and and a formal program kicking off at 6 p.m. The dress code is business formal.
See you there!