Unit Clerk-Casual Millwoods Campus
Status: Open | Site: Millwoods - Edmonton, AB | Department: Nursing | Closing Date: Sep 27, 2019
Do you love working with seniors? Are you a looking for your next growth opportunity working for a leader in seniors’ care? If you are, we would like to talk to you about joining our expanding operations. At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF) person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation, Millwoods Campus is looking for a casual Unit Clerk to join their team. Operating out of our Millwoods Campus and reporting to the Program Manager, the casual Unit Clerk will exercise professionalism in this combined clerical/receptionist/scheduling position to coordinate the day to day activities of the nursing unit.
The Unit Clerk also provides support, advocacy, and choice to Residents and their families to ensure the highest quality of person-centred care achievable within the Mission, Vision, Values of Shepherd’s Care Foundation. Additionally the ideal candidate will demonstrate ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment and evidence based practice in caring for the older adult.
Unit Clerk-Casual Millwoods Campus
- Assists residents, families and other visitors by responding to requests, and addressing concerns or referring it to the appropriate person.
- Answers telephone and receives faxes, and promptly relays information or messages to the appropriate person.
- Establishes the admission resident health records and maintains the health record both electronic and paper copy according to established policies and procedures.
- Processes physician orders according to established policies and procedures.
- Arranges resident diagnostic tests, completes laboratory requisitions and completes forms for resident transfers/transports/discharges.
- Schedules all nursing staff according to established shift rotations and replaces vacant shifts ensuring appropriate use of resources and within policies and procedures and terms of the collective agreement.
- Completes weekly assignment sheets and maintains unit calendar and communication book.
- Responds and reports all concerns and complaints from residents, families and staff to the LPN/ACW/RN in accordance with the concern resolution process.
- Responds and reports all unusual incidents and critical incidents on the assigned unit to the LPN/ACW/RN. Initiates appropriate corrective action within the scope of practice to address the immediate concern.
- Completion of a recognized Unit Clerk course or training program.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position.
- Excellent comprehensive communication skills.
- Experience with staff schedules and rotations will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with the geriatric population, medically complex, chronically ill, cognitively impaired or the disabled will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation is essential in this position
Please apply by completing an application and uploading cover letter/resume. A Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to start date.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Living Life in a Caring Christian environment"