Site Administrator - Kensington Village
Status: Open | Site: Kensington - Edmonton, AB | Department: Administration | Closing Date: May 17, 2019
At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF) person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are to be treated with dignity and respect in each and every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics, and it is an on-going condition of employment that the Code of Conduct and Behaviour Standards, which may be amended from time-to-time, are complied with at all times.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Site Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the campus and meeting the objective for the provision of quality person-centered resident care within the allocated resources and in alignment with corporate direction. The Site Administrator exercises operating responsibility and provides a strong leadership role in the ongoing development of the Campus programs. Leads, motivates and develops teams to drive a resident service-based culture of excellence. The Site Administrator participates in developing, directing, implementing, and evaluating corporate policy and incorporating same at the Campus level while ensuring the activities of the Campus are conducted in accordance with professional standards, the Business Plan, corporate policies, procedures, as well as budgetary guidelines and in compliance with regulatory standards and applicable provincial and federal legislation. Exceptional customer service skills, a love for seniors and a desire to make a difference within a faith-based organization is essential in this role as is an absolute commitment to quality and evidence based decision making.
Administration and Operation of Campus Activities
- Participates in establishing Campus objectives and strategies that govern the activities of the Campus ensuring coordination and alignment with the corporate strategic plan.
- Plans for and directs the Campus in accordance with established Shepherd’s Care Foundation policies. Ensures Campus and organizational policies and collective agreements are applied consistently and appropriately within the Campus.
- Participates in consultation with department Managers/supervisors in the preparation of the operating, capital and staff training plans and budgets. Administers the Campus within the approved budget.
- Oversees audits and evaluates the results and effectiveness of all current programs.
- Plans, develops, implements, coordinates and recommends related performance measurement to achieve continuous quality improvement. Analyzes available information for planning/monitoring purposes.
- Maintains a professional and inviting appearance for the campus at all times. Assists with capital upgrades/renovation projects within the Campus.
- Promotes effective communication within the Campus.
- Reviews accident investigation and unusual incident reports and manages required change.
- Oversees the administration of the Health, Safety and Wellness Program and the Emergency Response Program. Monitors programs, procedures and controls to minimize preventable absenteeism and reduce Workers’ Compensation costs.
Maintains quality of resident care and services within allocated resources and promotes strong, positive relations with the community and outside agencies
- Maintains knowledge of current research and trends in the fields of management, seniors care and housing. Remains current on effective and proposed legislation and its impact as it applies to the campus.
- Promotes the importance of good public relations within the Campus and towards residents, families, staff, volunteers, visitors, co-workers and medical staff.
- Establishes a positive working environment within and between the various departments and services of the Campus to maximize the delivery of quality resident care. Ensures staff are accountable for maintaining and practicing excellent customer relations skills in the workplace.
- Ensures that equipment, procedures and activities within the Campus contribute to a safe environment for residents, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Promotes a concerns resolution process. Responds, investigates and reviews concerns and complaints from residents, tenants, families and staff in accordance with the concerns resolution process.
- Develops and maintains contact with other health care personnel outside the organization by attending appropriate meetings, seminars, workshops, conventions, etc.
Provides ongoing leadership for staff development and effectiveness
- Develops and supports a strong team that works together in achieving SCF goals and directions, behavior standards, living excellence program in a person centered care environment.
- Selects, develops, transfers, evaluates, disciplines and terminates, in consultation with Human Resources. Ensures managers/supervisors understand their roles and responsibilities in relation to the human resource functions of recruitment, transfer, performance management, discipline and termination.
- Delegates functional responsibilities to the Campus staff and establishes formal means of accountability from those to whom duties have been assigned.
- Ensures that all staff of the Campus are treated in a fair, consistent and equitable manner. Promotes a “Just Culture” environment. Coaches and advises manager/supervisor in developing remedial strategies to deal with employees’ performance and disciplinary problems or other human resource issues.
- Leads change consistent with the objectives of the Campus and SCF.
- Provides leadership in the resolution of unanticipated problems and issues.
- Encourages and fosters an atmosphere of excellent customer relations throughout the organization. Portrays a positive image of Shepherd’s Care Foundation in all interactions.
- Maintains an ongoing program of personal learning in order to maintain own competence.
Participates in developing, directing, implementing and evaluating corporate policy and strategic directions and incorporating at the Campus level
- Actively supports, promotes and implements the mission, vision, philosophy and strategic directions of the Foundation.
- Represents and participates in corporate, site, external and professional committees as appropriate.
- Maintains records and documentation required by law in accordance with legislated requirements.
- Assumes a leadership role in development and management of corporate functions/projects as assigned.
- Performs management responsibilities consistent with statutory requirements and policies, and regulations established by all regulatory bodies and the Shepherd’s Care Foundation as applicable.
- A Bachelor’s degree in health administration, or business-related field or equivalent.
- Registered Nurse; current membership in good standing with CARNA.
- 5+ years’ demonstrated leadership in a management/supervisory role working with seniors and long term care/supportive living initiatives.
- Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Staffing, scheduling and contract administration in an aging-in-place facility.
- Proven track record with site management, customer service and cost control.
- Hospitality and housing service knowledge in a care setting.
- Financial and materials management knowledge with budgetary application.
- Program planning and development.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, performance management, concern resolution process and customer service.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and willingly accept responsibility.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication abilities.
- Sound judgment, common sense, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Strong computer and presentation skills.
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position.
- Professional, enthusiastic attitude, team player. Customer service focused.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector check with the City of Edmonton Police detachment and provide proof of license.
Submit resume online via this posting. Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to start date. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Dedicated to the Celebration of Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"