Health Care Aide--Vanguard Campus--Casual
Status: Open | Site: Vanguard - Edmonton, AB | Department: Nursing | Closing Date: Dec 20, 2019
Do you love working with seniors by providing personal support and basic health services directly to residents? Our Vanguard Campus location is currently seeking certified Health Care Aides who will collaborate with team members to ensure resident care is delivered in a way that embodies person centered care and acknowledges resident choice, dignity, and privacy.
The Health Care Aide provides personal care to assigned residents under the direction of the Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance with the plan of care. The HCA provides support, advocacy, and choice to Residents and their families to ensure the highest quality of resident-focused care achievable within the Mission, Vision and Values of Shepherd’s Care Foundation. Demonstrating ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment and evidence-based practice in caring for the older adult, the HCA ensures compliance with continuing care health service standards, employment and safety-related statutes, legislation, codes and regulations and SCF policies. Also, the HCA provides support to the residents and families in an environment that promotes a state of wellness, independence and person-centered care.
Vanguard Campus: Casual HCA Position-All Shifts
- Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the resident care plan as appropriate. Carries out all required activities as assigned to provide holistic care to residents such as dietary and recreational duties.
- Provides competent, direct personal care to the assigned residents. This may include dietary duties as assigned to ensure the nutritional needs of residents are being met.
- Observes the residents’ physical condition, behavior and mood and promptly reports any changes in the residents’ status to LPN and/or Client Care Coordinator.
- Ensures effective, timely documentation in accordance with organizational, legislative and legal requirements.
- Participates in the development of plans, objectives and strategies for care services, which are aligned with overall organizational strategic directions.
- Participates in the development, revision and implementation of operational policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with appropriate team member.
- Complies with the organizational policies and procedures, supportive living health service standards, accommodation standards, and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Responds and reports all concerns and complaints from residents, families and staff to the LPN and/or Client Care Coordinator in accordance with the concern resolution process.
- Responds and reports all unusual incidents and critical incidents to the LPN and/or Site Supervisor. Initiates appropriate corrective action within the scope of practice to address the immediate concern.
- Graduation from a recognized provincial Health Care Aide program with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Registration in the Alberta HCA Directory
- Experience in Supportive Living and/or Long Term Care considered an asset
- Effective communication skills - ability to read, comprehend and communicate information relevant to the role
- Ability to recognize, interpret and respond to non-verbal cues
- Have strong time management and advocacy skills, able to multi-task, exercise good judgement, strong collaboration and problem solving as part of a team
- Have knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, normal development and behavior
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize the importance of personal wellness as it relates to seniors’ care
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector check with the City of Edmonton Police detachment and provide proof of license.
Submit resume online via this posting. Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to start date. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Living Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"