Health Care Aid
Status: Open | Site: Millwoods - Edmonton, AB | Department: Nursing | Closing Date: Oct 17, 2018
Do you love working with seniors by providing personal support and basic health services directly to residents? Our Millwoods Campus location is currently recruiting certified Health Care Aides who will collaborate with team members to ensure resident care is delivered in a way that embodies person centered care and acknowledges resident choice, dignity, and privacy.
- Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the resident care plan as appropriate. Carries out all required activities as assigned to provide holistic care to residents such as dietary and recreational duties.
- Provides competent, direct personal care to the assigned residents. This may include dietary duties as assigned to ensure the nutritional needs of residents are being met.
- Observes the residents’ physical condition, behavior and mood and promptly reports any changes in the residents’ status to LPN and /or Client Care Coordinator.
- Ensures effective, timely documentation in accordance with organizational, legislative and legal requirements.
- Participates in the development of plans, objectives and strategies for care services, which are aligned with overall organizational strategic directions.
- Participates in the development, revision and implementation of operational policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with appropriate team member.
- Complies with the organizational policies and procedures, supportive living health service standards, accommodation standards, and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Responds and reports all concerns and complaints from residents, families and staff to the LPN and/or Client Care Coordinator in accordance with the concern resolution process.
- Responds and reports all unusual incidents and critical incidents to the LPN and/or Site Supervisor. Initiates appropriate corrective action within the scope of practice to address the immediate concern.
- Graduate from a recognized provincial Health Care Aide program with a minimum of 2 year’s experience.
- Gerontology experience is an asset.
- Have knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, normal development and behavior.
- Communicate effectively - read, comprehend and communicate information relevant to the role.
- Recognize, interpret and respond to non-verbal cues.
- Have strong time management and advocacy skills; able to multi-task; good judgement; strong collaboration and problem solving as part of a team; safety conscious.
- Recognize the importance of personal wellness, as it relates to seniors care.
- Must be over 18 years old.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector check with the City of Edmonton Police detachment and provide proof of license.
Submit resume online via this posting. Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to start date. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Dedicated to the Celebration of Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"