Status: Open | Site: Barrhead - Barrhead, AB | Department: Supportive LIving | Closing Date: May 21, 2018
LOCATION: Barrhead, AB
Casual Cook I/Cook II (Days/Evenings)
Closing Date: May 16, 2018
Reporting to the Site Manager, the kitchen staff performs a full range of cooking duties including preparation, assembly and serving of various menu items. The position requires exercising judgment and independence involving the safe and efficient use of quantity and quality control techniques and must follow established procedures and legislated standards, standardized recipe production sheets and master menus. Working from 6:30 a.m. - 14:45 p.m. - 7.75 hours and from 13:30 - 19:30 - 5.5 hours
Key Responsibilities include:
· coordinate meal production; prepare food according to menu requirements - 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day
· employ safety standards and follows regulations to establish food safety, food quality and employee safety
· clean and sanitize kitchen equipment and work area
· receive, unpack and store food orders; ensure proper rotation of stock
· monitor and record inventory and stock levels; perform ordering
· ensure adherence to quality and legislated standards
· Journeyman Certificate or Red Seal (preferred but not required) and dietary kitchen staff
· WHMIS Certification
· 3 – 5 years of institutional cooking experience preferred
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Submit resume online via this posting
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Dedicated to the Celebration of Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Completion of a Vulnerable Sector Check will be required prior to hiring.