Clinical Supervisor (LPN)
Status: Open | Site: Vanguard | Department: Nursing | Closing Date: Jan 19, 2018
ut of Scope Position
SITE: Shepherd’s Care Foundation – Vanguard(10311 122 Avenue, Edmonton, AB)
POSITIONS: Full-Time Position; Monday – Friday Days (some flexibility required)
SALARY: Based on experience
The Clinical Supervisor provides leadership and direction in nursing practices and manages the clinical care of the residents care within the standards of professional nursing practice and Shepherd’s Care Foundation’s policies and procedures. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for supervising nursing care services while ensuring compliance with Continuing Care Health Service Standards. The clinical supervisor provides support to the residents and families in an environment that promotes a state of wellness, independence and person-centered care while promoting continuous quality improvement.
This position has the following key responsibilities:
- Coordinates and monitors the work activities and resources of assigned care services to achieve quality resident care and overall corporate plans and objectives;
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates clinical care services in collaboration with the AHS Case Manager and in accordance with evidence-based practices;
- Ensures that the resident care team complies with the organizational policies and procedures, continuing care health service standards, accommodation standards, relevant legislation and regulations, accreditation standards and regional health authority requirements;
- Responds, investigates and reviews concerns and complaints from residents, families and staff in accordance with the concern resolution process;
- Investigates and reviews all unusual incidents, critical incidents and medication discrepancies utilizing the “root cause analysis process ” to ensure corrective action is implemented;
- Responsible for the human resource functions of recruitment, transfer, performance management, discipline and termination in consultation with the Director of Care and Human Resources;
- Promotes a safe work environment for residents, family members, co-workers and self.
- Represents and participates in corporate, site and external committees and professional committees as appropriate;
- Participates in performance measurement to achieve continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains an ongoing program of personal learning in order to maintain own competence. Seeks to benefit from opportunities for professional development and continuing education;
- Promotes educational opportunities, mentorship and leadership development for the staff;
- Acts as a leader, mentor and coach to staff;
- Actively supports, promotes and implements the mission, vision, values and strategic directions of Shepherd’s Care Foundation.
- Licensed Practical Nurse, experience in dementia and gerontology required
- Current membership in good standing with CLPNA
- Requires three to five years leadership experience
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, concern resolution process and customer service
- Personable and compassionate in caring for the older adult
- Demonstrated ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment, critical thinking and evidence based practice in caring for the older adult
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care
- Commitment to team based collaboration and practice
- Exhibits strong organizational, communication (written/verbal) and computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position
Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.