Status: Open | Site: Vanguard - Edmonton, AB | Department: Management | Closing Date: Nov 1, 2019
Clinical Supervisor—Vanguard Campus
Permanent Full Time Position
Do you love working with seniors? Are you a health care professional looking for your next growth opportunity working for a leader in seniors care? If you are, we would like to talk to you about our need for health professionals to join our expanding operations.
At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF) person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are treated with dignity and respect in each and every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics as outlined in our Code of Conduct and Behaviour Standards.
Reporting to the Site Administrator/Program Manager of Shepherd’s Care Foundation Vanguard Campus, the Clinical Supervisor provides overall leadership and direction in nursing practices, and manages the clinical care of the residents within the Mission, Vision and Values of Shepherd’s Care Foundation and within the standards of professional nursing practice.
Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, evaluating, and carrying out nursing care services, the Clinical Supervisor ensures compliance with all health service standards, employment and safety-related statutes, legislation, codes and regulations and SCF policies. Providing support to the residents and families in an environment that promotes a state of wellness, independence and person-centered care, the Clinical Supervisor manages and provides overall leadership and support to the resident care team in an environment committed to continuous quality improvement.
- Coordinates and monitors the work activities and resources of assigned care services to achieve quality resident care and overall corporate plans and objectives;
- Participates in the development of plans, objectives and strategies for care services which are aligned with overall organizational strategic directions. Evaluates the performance of the care services through agreed-upon objectives and measures;
- Develops, recommends, implements and coordinates clinical care services and operational policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with appropriate team members, physicians, interdisciplinary team and other stakeholders;
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates clinical care services in accordance with evidence-based practices;
- Ensures consistency in programs and practices in resident care services;
- Ensures that the resident care team complies with the organizational policies and procedures, continuing care health service standards, accommodation standards, relevant legislation and regulations, accreditation standards and regional health authority requirements;
- Responds, investigates and reviews concerns and complaints from residents, families and staff in accordance with the concern resolution process;
- Investigates and reviews all unusual incidents, critical incidents and medication discrepancies to ensure corrective action is implemented;
- Promotes a “Just Culture” environment by utilizing remedial strategies to deal with employees’ performance and disciplinary problems or other human resource issues;
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding in the delegation of direct resident care to regulated and non-regulated care providers;
- Responsible for the human resource functions of recruitment, transfer, performance management, discipline and termination in consultation with the Site Administrator/Program Manager and Human Resources;
- Maintains compliance with company employment standards and policies, and effective ongoing working relationships;
- Monitors employee sick time, preventable absenteeism and Workers’ Compensation utilization to ensure effective use of resources;
- Participates in annual department budget preparation and ensures cost-effective use of resources ;
- Promotes a safe work environment for residents, family members, co-workers and self. Reports unsafe conditions within the living and working environment. Takes required action to decrease the risk of injury immediately and/or notify the Administrator of the concern. Ensures investigation and follow up in respect to any unusual incidents, near misses, complaints or reports of safety concerns;
- Represents and participates in corporate, site and external committees and professional committees as appropriate;
- Participates in performance measurement to achieve continuous quality improvement. Analyzes available data for planning/monitoring purposes;
- In collaboration with the LPNs, promotes and ensures completion of professional clinical care competencies;
- Promotes educational opportunities, mentorship and leadership development for the staff;
- Acts as a mentor and coach to staff;
- Actively supports, promotes and implements the mission, vision, values and strategic directions of the Foundation.
- Registered Nurse, BScN required, Gerontology Certificate preferred;
- Current membership in good standing with CARNA;
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible work experience at a supervisory or management level in seniors’ care;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, performance management, concern resolution process and customer service;
- Strong organizational, computer and presentation skills (written and oral) required in this position;
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position;
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care;
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation is essential in this position;
- Some travel necessary between SCF sites, corporate nursing committee participation, and involvement with other committees as appropriate.
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector check and provide proof of licensure.
Submit resume online via this posting. Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interview.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Living Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"