Business Administrative Support
Status: Open | Site: Vanguard - Edmonton, AB | Department: Facilities Maintenance | Closing Date: Sep 21, 2018
Do you love working with seniors? Are you a health care professional looking for your next growth opportunity working for a leader in seniors care? If you are, we would like to talk to you about our need for administrative professionals to join our expanding operations. At Shepherd’s Care Foundation (SCF) person-centered care is the foundation for all we do in providing care and other human services. All persons are to be treated with dignity and respect in each and every interaction. Working for SCF requires the highest standards of personal behavior and ethics, and it is an on-going condition of employment that the Code of Conduct and Behaviour Standards.
Under the direction of the Facilities Maintenance Director, the Business Administrative Support is responsible for the full range of administrative support services to the Facilities Maintenance Director including production of correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provides meeting management, mail processing and records management.
- Updates the telephone listing and distributes.
- Updates the Corporate Calendar and distributes.
- Updates the CCPL Education Calendar and distributes.
- Executes administrator role responsibilities on the POS system
- Orders Business Cards for all new staff.
- Assists with CARF Accreditation support – meeting minutes, updates to standards and policies and inserts in Accreditation binders.
- Moves all contracts onto the public drive and file corporately.
- Sets up the Clinical Managers On-Call Schedule annually.
- Takes minutes, sends out agenda and sends out meeting notices for the Senior Management Meetings.
- Sends out meeting notices for the Staff Forums.
- Participates and attends committee for Staff Recognition.
- Updates the Standards/Licensing Audits & Inspection Spreadsheet.
- Assists with Staff Surveys, Resident & Family Surveys.
- Maintains a comprehensive up-to-date listing of contacts in the supportive and facility living industries including Alberta government and universities.
- Is responsible for administrative support for staff appreciation day, etc.
- Maintains development of the website changes & updating of calendars.
- Liaises with Web Administrator and Directors to ensure SCF website information is current.
- Provides administrative support for the Facilities Maintenance Director when opening of new sites.
- Provides administrative support to the Continuing Care – Education including attending and recording CARF minutes; accreditation / CARF support as well as administrative support for executive Management as directed.
- Under the direction of HR, ensure Organizational Chart is current.
- Liaises with the Executive Management Committee, produce the monthly Employee Newsletter with Website changes as needed.
- Assists with Website calendars as needed.
- Schedules daily Clinical Manager and Pastoral Care on-call schedules.
- Assists with Media boards.
- Is responsible for operation and supplies for XEROX in Corporate Office as well as providing basic technical assistance for projectors in the Corporate Office.
- Monitors daily the email@example.com triaging emails to the appropriate respondent.
- Provides vacation support for the Executive Assistant.
- Actively supports, promotes and implements the mission, vision, values and strategic directions of the organization as directed.
- Successful completion of secondary school combined with experience in a secretarial or administrative capacity in a corporate or senior management office setting.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years secretarial / office administration experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong customer service orientation is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Formal secretarial training and familiarity with health care settings are assets.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector check with the City of Edmonton Police detachment and provide proof of license.
Submit resume online via this posting. Apply by completing application and uploading cover letter/resume. Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to start date. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Shepherd’s Care Foundation is "Dedicated to the Celebration of Life in a Caring, Christian Environment"